***Edit – you can fill out the survey directly to First Am by clicking the “MLXChange Survey” link above***
The Austin Board of Realtors recently changed our MLS service provider from TEMPO to MLXChange. TEMPO was definitely flawed, but it was functional (and we all learned to work with it.) Switching systems would have been the perfect opportunity to address the problems, and improve upon TEMPO. Obvious problems like lack of Mac compatibility, lack of Firefox compatibility, load times, etc…
When we switched to MLXChange, none of these problems were addressed. However, this isn’t my soapbox to gripe about the old problems that weren’t addressed. I would, however, like to address the shortcomings of MLXChange – the functionality that TEMPO had, that was lost in the new system.
I’m going to start a list, and please feel free to comment on a solution, or any other problems that you see. Again, please address functionality that we had with TEMPO, that we now do not have with MLXChange. I will continue to edit this post to include relevant solutions/problems.
- Clients can not bookmark their Client Gateway link. (No solution – confirmed with MLXChange help desk.)
- Can not create searches using latitude & longitude parameters (drawing a map box) and save them for later use, or for a client’s Gateway.
- We are unable to send a client a link to their Client Gateway without sending “Agent Recommendations.” This is confusing to the client, if we merely want to send them a link to the Gateway.
- Inability to open the map search in a new window.
- Tempo had the ability to open multiple listings in the same window, and you could just scroll. Now, if you want to view multiple listings, you have to keep hitting the “next” button, which is much slower.
- The load time of MLXChange is much slower than Tempo.
- MLXChange freezes often.
- You can’t open a listing in a new window. With Tempo, you could open a listing in a new window & drag it to a second screen, so you could run comps, enter listings, etc without printing the sheet off. With MLXChange, we’re killing more trees!
- MLXChange has broken many of the features provided by 3rd party service providers (such as virtual tours.)
- You can’t refine a search using the map feature.Ã‚ Example: With Tempo, you could run a search, pop the map, and use the polygon, circle, or square tool to refine the search further by area.