Perfectly situated in the heart of South Austin in desirable Travis Heights, 2113 Glendale Place is literally just miles to many of Austin’s most famous “hot spots” including South Congress (SOCO) with its many local restaurants and shops, Zilker Park, the Capital, University of Texas, St. Edwards University and many Hospitals. It’s located within walking distance to the famous Uchi and Odd Duck restaurants, the newly renovated 12-screen Alamo Draft House theater and the famous music venues the Saxon Pub and Continental Club. The property is located just 2.5 miles to downtown Austin and 3.5 miles to the state capital.
This home in desirable Travis Heights is the epitome of private living in the city. Among the lush greenery surrounding the neighborhood, you are still experiencing the convenience of downtown Austin living.
The living area is spacious, open and bright with a huge kitchen featuring stainless steel appliances, over-sized sink, tons of cabinets and massive counter space. Off the kitchen is a huge pantry through the large laundry and craft room that leads to a spacious 2-car garage with extra storage. The lower level master suite at the back of the home features a massive walk-in closet with built-in console dresser and a luxurious walk-in shower and double vanity. An office at the front of the home features a large closet and full bath that can be used as a fourth bedroom. The second level features a small loft, two additional spacious bedrooms and a huge bathroom.
The outdoor living area is top of the line with a large covered patio with upgraded tile flooring, a wood-paneled porch cover, built-in gas grill with granite counters and a built-in refrigerator. Fast growing bamboo will provide much privacy from your quiet neighbors.
The open, spacious floor plan allows for tons of natural lighting and ample amount of space for you and your guests, it’s perfect for entertaining.
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 full bathrooms
- Formal dining
- Huge laundry and craft room
- 2- story home with 2,732 sq. ft.
- Wood floors and granite counters
- Large urban lot with huge trees
- 2-car garage with extra storage
- Outdoor covered living space with built-in grill and fridge
- Plenty of room to add a pool
- Downtown – 2.5 miles
- Austin Airport – 8.4 miles
- Davids Hospital – 4 miles
- HEB – 1 mile
- Zilker Park – 3 miles
- South Congress (SOCO) – 1mile
- Edwards University – 1.4 miles
- University of Texas – 4.3 miles
- Blunn Creek Nature Preserve – 1.2 miles
Top 10 Things We Love About The Home
1. CITY LOCATION: You are in the heart of everything happening in Austin. It’s easy to get to Festivals, Running Events, the Bat Bridge, Theaters, Bike Trails, Austin City Limits, SXSW, the Local Restaurant Scene, Big Stacy Pool, the new Oracle headquarters, and the Capitol and downtown. There’s nowhere you can’t get by bike in 10-20 minutes when everyone else is in their cars fighting for parking. It’s also a quick 15-minute drive to the airport.
2. WALKABILITY: Austin is a very dog-friendly city. Having access to the Blunn Creek trail, being close to the hike/bike trail at Ladybird Lake, and being 1 mile from South Congress Avenue is amazing. Plus, walkable to every level of public school (Including the popular Fulmore Middle School Magnet Program), which is unheard of in Austin. No need for long commutes or long bus rides.
3. NEIGHBORS: Neighbors are all lovely people! Everyone keeps an eye on each other’s homes, get together socially at the Whip In, and exchange petsitting from time to time.
4. QUALITY BUILT HOME: This home was built very solid. The 1-year check-in with the builder, Paradisa, revealed only one nail pop in the whole house. They did a great job with it, and it’s a very intimate house. The large first floor was really built for family and entertaining. It’s particularly great at holidays and for BBQs.
5. TWO-CAR GARAGE: It’s very rare to find two-car garages in 78704, particularly those that are large enough to really fit two cars, bicycles, and “things.”
6. GREAT KITCHEN: Plenty of counter space and room for to move around each other in this kitchen. It’s also great when people come for dinner and like to linger in the kitchen. No one is in the way, and between the sofas, dining room and breakfast bar stools there is plenty of seating.
7. MUD ROOM/PANTRY COMBO: There is ample storage in the mud room and pantry for food, holiday decorations, art supplies, games, etc.
8. GOOGLE FIBER: It’s fabulous to live in an area with Google Fiber and not have to deal with cable companies.
9. WHIP IN PATIO: It is lovely to walk over to the Whip In with the dogs and hang out on their patio. They’re under new ownership, but the food is great, and the beer selection is solid. A group of neighbors gets together there almost every Thursday night to meet up.
10. TRAVIS HEIGHTS ART TRAIL: Travis Heights is the funkier, artsy part of 78704 and every November, the neighborhood’s artists showcase their work. It’s a 2-day Art Trail with around 25-40 exhibitors each year. It is walkable, but we recommend doing it on bikes. It’s a great way to meet neighbors and see what amazing work is being done in the neighborhood.