In an effort to increase participation in my blog, I have decided to make it do follow. This is important for a couple of reasons:
1) The no-follow attribute is designed to strip the link juice from sites you don’t trust – I do trust my network of online friends, & I don’t think that we should automatically distrust newcomers.
2) Link Juice is important to our rankings! Most of us participate in online communities for 2 reasons – it’s fun, and it’s good for business. Without do-follow, our business doesn’t benefit.
So welcome to my do followÂ blog & please enjoy the discussion. A few rules (most of which are borrowed from Ryan Ward.)
1) Please don’t abuse the do-follow w/ spammy comments & anchor text links to your website – please use your name, or your “handle.”
2) I’m giving link juice here, so please don’t be shy to link back to my site or blog.
3) Try & add something to the conversation – please don’t post a bunch of “me too”Â comments just to get a backlink.
4) Email notification of followup’s are great, and really add to the discussion. Leave the box checked! If you care enough to comment, you should care enough when others do.
5) I will not allow any links to pornographic, gambling, or excessively spammy sites.
6) My Lucia’s Linky Love settings allow a comment to go dofollow after a commentator has left 10 comments, and as long as the name is less than 20 characters.
Here is a list of do-follow real estate blogs I’m compiling.