The rolling hills of Barton Creek create the perfect backdrop to the beautiful homes found within the community, which is located on 4,000 acres of land located just 15 minutes away from Downtown Austin. Considered to be a luxury resort and golf community, Barton Creek features lavish homes as well as numerous amenities for its residents to enjoy.
The History of Barton Creek
Since the Barton Creek community was initially established, it has continued to expand its amenities as well as its neighborhood offerings. In addition, the community has continually worked toward becoming as green as possible. In 1991, for example, the Club and Resort received membership to the Audobon Cooperative Sanctuary Program and three of the community’s golf courses were designated as Certified Sanctuaries in 1999. Some of the neighborhoods found within the community include:
- Amarra Drive – the community’s newest golf-side neighborhood, featuring homes with amazing views of the golf course as well as those adjacent to the Nature Conservancy of Texas
- Calera Court – features European architecture with homes including elegant furnishings, fountains, courtyards and lush landscaping
- Calera Drive – offers 53 homesites, all of which are adjacent to the 4th, 5th and 6th holes on the Fazio Canyons Course
- Escala Drive – offers 34 estate homesites as well as convenient access to many of the community’s amenities
- Mirador Drive – offers 34 estate homesites located near to extensive shopping opportunities and other community services
- Verano Drive – the community’s newest neighborhood, located next to over 4,000 acres of wildlife habitats
Things to Do in Barton Creek
Barton Creek residents have a number of amenities to enjoy within the community. Numerous golf courses, which have been designed by esteemed men such as Ben Crenshaw, Tom Fazio and Arnold Palmer, are available throughout the community. Thanks to the unique terrain and astounding layouts, the golf courses have received several accolades and have been included in magazines such as Conde Nast Traveler, Golf Digest, Golfweek/Gold & Travel and Golf Magazine. The community is also home to the Barton Creek Golf Institute, which offers a Short Game Academy, Golf Advantage School, club fitting sessions and private lessons.
The community also features a Fitness Center as well as a Tennis Center, which houses 12 lit courts as well as clinics. Since the community is located near to numerous lakes as well as the Barton Creek Preserve, residents also enjoy a number of outdoor recreational opportunities. For those who prefer to stay indoors, the members-only Barton Creek Country Club regularly hosts social events as well as opportunities for enjoying some of the finest dining in the Southwest.
The Barton Creek Economy
Many of the residents of Barton Creek enjoy an easy commute to Austin, where they are able to take advantage of the many employment opportunities available in the city. As a resort community, home prices in Barton Creek tend to be on the higher end, with most homes costing more than a half million dollars and ranging to well over 3 million dollars.