Consistently recognized for its exemplary education district , the town of Westlake Hills is a spectacular scenic, recreational and scholarly oasis. Enter its gentle canyons and hills and you’ll be amazed that you are only 6 miles west of downtown Austin, Texas.
Perhaps one of the wealthiest towns in natural & personal resources in the greater Austin area, Westlake is populated by about 3,100 residents with an average age of 43, enjoying an annual household income higher than the national average at $117,000. A majority of the population are employed in professional, science and technology fields. A visit to the growing local library will find students, families with pre-school children, and senior citizens gathered side-by-side in front of computer terminals on exploratory missions.
Exploration in Westlake also involves the great outdoors; Westlake Hills is connected to MoPac (also known as Loop 1) and Highway 360 (also known as the Capital of Texas Highway) by the beautiful Barton Creek Greenbelt which leads right into the Town Lake hike & bike trails, as well as the Shoal Creek hike & bike trails that run almost as far north as 45 th street in the city of Austin. Colorful bike jerseys on bicyclists and roller bladders are a usual festive sight on the loops in and around the hills of Westlake every day of the week.
Golf is huge in Westlake , and the Barton Creek Golf Resort and Spa boasts 4 eighteen hole championship courses designed by Tom Fazio, Arnold Palmer and Ben Crenshaw. Lakeway, just to the west of Westlake , also offers 4 magnificent hill country golf courses as well as boating access to sparkling Lake Travis bordered by limestone cliffs.
Westlake has approximately 200 businesses ranging from brand-new state of the art medical facilities to hardware stores selling Tiffany to funky garden nurseries peppered with plastic pink flamingos in the summer and scores of tuxedoed penguins in the winter months. Garden store offerings include stellar iron wall baskets brimming with color, with home-grown Texas native seedlings right up the road. Restaurants offer a nice complexity of dining experiences from fine dining with linens to excellent Texas barbeque served on electric spool tables by the roadside.
Education is serious business in Westlake – the Eanes ISD has been recognized as one of the top 25 districts in the state of Texas through a corporate sponsored Excellence in Education awards program. The high school is rated as a U.S. Blue Ribbon School offering a plethora of AP courses and teaching 5 languages including American Sign Language.
- Eanes Independent School District (ISD)
- Barton Creek Elementary -Recognized school
- 1370 Patterson 512.732.9180
- Bridge Point Elementary -Exemplary rating
- 6401 Cedar St 512.732.9200
- Cedar Creek Elementary -Exemplary rating
- 3301 Pinnacle Road 512.732.9120
- Eanes Elementary -Exemplary rating
- 4101 Bee Cave Road 512.732.9100
- Forest Trail Elementary -Exemplary rating
- 1203 Loop 360 512.732.9160
- Valley View Elementary -Exemplary rating
- 1201 Loop 360 512.732.9140
- Hill Country Middle School -Recognized
- 1300 Walsh Tartleton 512.732.9220
- West Ridge Middle School -Recognized
- 9201 Scenic Bluff 512.732.9240
- Westlake High School -Recognized
- 4100 Westbank 512.732.9280
- Electric: City of Austin . 512.494.9400
- Gas: Atmos Energy 800.460.3030
- Telephone: SBC 800.464.7928
- Wastewater: ECO Resources 512.335.7580
- Water: ECO Resources 512.335.7580
- Cable TV: Time Warner Cable 512.485.5555
Westlake Homes for Sale
|Price Range:||$295,000 to $25,000,000||Price Average:||$2,130,016|
|Size Range:||1,178 to 20,708 Sq. Ft.||Size Average:||4,705 Sq. Ft.|